Landmarks visited on Southern Highlights
Upon arrival at Bole International Airport, our local guides will meet you and transfer you to your hotel. Spend the rest of the day exploring the capital and enjoy a welcome dinner a local restaurant in the evening.
Drive (7 hrs) Addis Ababa to Dorze, en route visit one of the historical sites along Butajira Road: Melka Kunture, Adadi Maryam or Tiya.
Morning visit Dorze people and market in Chencha. Afternoon drive (1 hr) Dorze to Arba Minch and boat trip on Lake Chamo, part of Nech Sar National Park.
Drive (5.5 hrs) Arba Minch to Turmi, en route visit Konso and Arbore people. Optional 'Evangadi' dance and/ or 'Bull jump' ceremony if it coincides with your stay in Turmi
Morning visit Karo people in Kolcho. Afternoon visit market in Turmi and Hamar people.
Visit Dassanech people in Omerate. Drive (2.5 hrs) Turmi to Jinka. Market day in Dimeka and Alduba.
Morning visit Mago National Park and Mursi people. Afternoon visit Ari people.
Visit Jinka museum. Drive (4.5 hrs) Jinka to Arba Minch, en route visit Key Afar market.
Drive (7 hrs) Arba Minch to Addis Ababa. Optional flight Arba Minch to Addis Ababa. End of service.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices are per person for 4 pax.
|Start date||Price (pp)|
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $1,200
The current total fare for the domestic flight(s) in the itinerary is USD $70 per person when Ethiopian Airlines is used for international flight. Otherwise the fare for the domestic flight(s) in the itinerary is $160 per person. Fares subject to change by airline.
- Airport transfers and road transport around Addis by private minibus.
- Road transport from day 2 until day 8 by standard 4WD with English speaking driver/ guide, including fuel, driver allowances and accommodation.
- Accommodation based on double/ twin room sharing.
- Meal plan bed and breakfast.
- Fees for entrances, local guides, compulsory scouts/ security personnel and boats for activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- All government taxes for the services included in the tour price.
- International flights and visa fees.
- Domestic flights.
- Lunches and dinners, unless stated as included above.
- Activities not mentioned or stated as optional in the itinerary.
- Fees for photos and video.
- Other personal expenses, souvenirs, tips and gratuities, etc.